Aero Motor Military Club
Let L-200 Morava is a twin-engine all-metal low-wing aircraft that is capable of carrying 4 passengers plus one pilot. Its development began in the Let Kunovice factory in 1955. Since the development of Avia M-337 engines, which were in-line six-cylinder engines with a 210k compressor, developed at Motorlet Prague was not completed until 1959, weaker Walter Minor 6-III engines with a power of 160 horsepower, had to be used for development and flight testing. The first flight of the XL-200 prototype took place on April 9, 1957.
The L-200A version was upgraded with the M-337 engines and twin-bladed electrically adjustable V-410 propellers. It was flown for the first time on February 27, 1960. The wingspan is 12.31 m, the fuselage length is 8.61 m, and the maximum takeoff weight is 1950 kilograms. Travel speed is 250 km / h, and the top speed is 360 km / h. The range is about 1900km, and the service ceiling is 6200m.
Morava was initially intended as an air taxi. Still, it was also used for twin-engine training and instrument flight training or sightseeing flights. The aircraft has electrically operated anti-icing systems installed on the leading edges of the wings and propellers. Since 1961, “Morava” has been supplied in the L-200D version, which was upgraded with three-bladed hydraulically adjustable propellers V-506.
There were many modifications of the “L-200”, such as ambulance, navigation, photography and bombing versions. The L-200 flew over the North Pole in 2008 with the crew from the Czech Republic. In addition to Czechoslovakia, Morava was also supplied to the USSR, Hungary, Argentina, Cuba and other countries around the world. By 1964, 367 of all L-200 versions had been produced. In our fleet, you can see the L-200 Moravia version A with the license plate OM-FOE.